How to perform Ghusl?
How to perform Ghusl? Ghusl means to purify body with the help of water. In Islam, it means to achieve physical purification by removing all the impurities from body before performing Fardh worships.
At which occasions Muslims perform Ghusl?Here are the occasions after when Ghusl is highly recommended for Muslims.
- Ghusl is performed after ejaculation or menstrual cycle.
- Ghusl is also recommended on the Day of Eid.
- It is also recommended to perform Ghusl on Friday for Jummah prayer as it is the Sunnah of our Holy Prophet.
- It is performed before wearing of Ihram (dressing that is assumed to carry out the rites of Hajj and Umrah).
- Muslims give Ghusl to the dead body before burying.
- It is performed after sexual interaction.
- It is also performed in the situation if one touches the dead body.
How many types of Ghusl?Ghusl has been divided into several types depending upon the situation and is named according to that situation. Here are the types of Ghusl:
- Ghusl Hayd
- Ghusl Nifas
- Ghusl Janabat
- Ghusl Mayyit
- Ghusl Mas-hil
- Ghusl Istihada
What is Ghusl Hayd?A type of Ghusl that is performed after menstruation cycle is called Ghusl Hayd. It is obligatory for women.
What is Ghusl Nifas?It is also the type of Ghusl related with the women. They are required to perform it after vaginal discharge. It happens after delivery of a child. Almost it can happen for 6 weeks.
What is Ghusl Janabat?The type of Ghusl that becomes compulsory after sexual interaction with the wife or after ejaculation. It also becomes compulsory after night fall. This situation deals with the men. Keep one thing in mind that Ghusl becomes compulsory for both men and women after sexual interaction.
What is Ghusl Mayyit?It is the type of Ghusl that is performed on a dead body. A dead body is given Ghusl before he is buried. It is performed because we intend to make dead body physically pure.
What is Ghusl Mashil?It is the type of Ghusl that becomes compulsory for a person who touches dead body directly. Most of the people are unaware of this type of Ghusl and do not perform Ghusl after touching dead body.
What is Ghusl Istihada?It is also related to women. It is performed in situation of irregular bleeding. Women must attain physical purification right after bleeding. You May Also Read: Five Pillars of Islam
How many Fardh acts are there in Ghusl?There are three Fardh acts in Ghusl and these are:
- Gargling three times.
- Washing nose three times
- Pouring water on the whole body.
Which type of water can be used for Ghusl?Only fresh and pure water can be used for Ghusl because pure water can purify the body and can remove impurities. Water that is impure itself will make your body impure. Here are the kinds of water that can be used for Ghusl. These are also recommended by our Islam.
- Water from canal, river and Sea
- Water from spring
- Rain water
- Water taken from well
- Water from a tank or pond
- Water from glaciers
What kind of water is not suitable for Ghusl?Ghusl can also not be accepted with the water obtained from following sources:
- Water obtained from fruits
- Water obtained from vegetables
- Water used one time cannot be used for Ghusl
How to perform Ghusl?A Muslim must learn how to perform Ghusl, otherwise his worships will not be accepted by Almighty Allah. He only accepts the worships performed with purified body and performed on the pure places with pure intentions. Here is the complete guide to perform Ghusl that is also the Sunnah way to perform Ghusl:
- Make intention to purify your body:
- Find the private area to perform Ghusl:
- Find clean water to perform Ghusl:
What if you cannot find pure water?If you cannot find pure water anywhere in your surroundings, you are supposed to perform Tayammum. It is carrying out Ghusl with pure clay.
- Start Ghusl
- Wash your hands:
- Remove impurities from private parts:
- Perform Wudu (ablution) in Sunnah way:
- Wash hands three times
- Gargling three times
- Wash your nose three times
- Wash your face three times
- Wash your hands to the elbows thrice
- Move wet hands on hair and back side of neck one time
- Wash your feet properly three times
Another way to perform Ghusl:You can perform Ghusl without performing ablution. Just fulfill the three Fardh acts of Ghusl for its completion. These three Fardh acts are:
- Gargling three times
- Washing nose three times by reaching water to the fragile bone of nose
- Washing whole body properly three times
- Sunnah way to wash complete body:
- Wash your head and pour the water on your hair in the way that it reaches the roots of your hair.
- Rub your hair to make confirm that no any part of head should remain unwashed.
- Wash the right side of your body.
- Wash the right leg properly.
- Then completely wash left part of your body.
- Make sure that whole body is properly washed and water has reached all the parts of body. Wash the body in way that no impurity should left on the body.